The Community Foundation of Switzerland County Inc. is a nonprofit organization created by and for the residents of Switzerland County. We are supported by local donors (or donors with ties to the county), governed by a volunteer board of directors and run by a professional staff with knowledge of community needs and programs.
CFSCI invests endowed funds created by individuals, families, organizations and businesses and uses the income to award grants and scholarships that benefit the Switzerland County community. We operate in perpetuity, meaning that gifts made to us will continue to grow and support the needs of the county for many generations to come.
CFSCI serves our community in a variety of ways, by:
- Providing a variety of charitable funds and gift options to ensure donors achieve fulfilling, high-impact philanthropy
- Working individually with each donor to understand and implement his or her personal vision for a better and brighter community
- Providing donors with the ability to establish a legacy fund in the name of a family or loved one
- Building a community endowment- a permanent source of charitable support for Switzerland County
- Providing responsive and attentive management of charitable funds
- Having knowledge of our community and the nonprofit sector
- Working in partnership with nonprofit, government, business and community leaders to develop community-wide solution to challenges facing Switzerland County