Start Your Own Fund
How it works:
- Determine your charitable purpose or intent.
- Select the type of fund that best supports your purpose. Our staff will outline your options and discuss the advantages of each.
- Select a name for your fund. You can use your name, the name of a family member/friend or the name of a favorite cause. Or you can choose a name that allows you to remain anonymous.
- Complete a simple fund agreement. Our staff will individualize the agreement to make your intentions clear.
- Provide an irrevocable contribution to start the fund. See Ways to Give Now for the types of contributions you can make.
- Because CFSCI is a 501 (c)(3), you will be eligible for a tax deduction on your initial contribution to start the fund, as well as any future contributions you make to the fund.
- Your fund is endowed (although non-endowed fund options do exist) so it will grow in support of your charitable cause or charitable organization(s) forever.
- CFSCI takes a nominal annual fee to manage and administer the fund in perpetuity.
Contact Melissa Andrew, Development Director, to learn more about starting a fund at CFSCI. She can be reached at 812-427-9160 or firstname.lastname@example.org.